08 October 2015

What you find when you least expect it.




On a recent day trip to Trentham, with the intention of visiting the well known waterfall, I somehow missed the signpost and consequently took a wrong turn and by the time I noticed it I'd ended up in the small town of Bullarto.

Pulling into a side road in an attempt to get a GPS fix I suddenly saw what appeared to be an old abandoned sawmill. Being the adventurous type that I am and with a camera to hand I decided to check it out and at first discovered an old Chevrolet Blitz parked under a tree partially covered in blackberries.

As I explored further it was obvious from the undergrowth that the sawmill has been abandoned for some time with a number of vehicles on site slowly succumbing to the forces of nature. However, being in such a remote location off the main road vandalism was noticeably minimal, making the old sawmill all the more interesting.

Having spent a good deal of time exploring the place and realising where I'd gone wrong, I was soon back on the road again in the right direction towards my intended destination, the Trentham Falls.