25 April 2015

National Steam Centre 'Federation Picnic'


I've driven past the National Steam Centre on many occasions, but other the very visible drag-line crane, was unaware of the extent of the collection hidden within the many sheds dotted around the site. Therefore when an add appeared for their annual 'Picnic' day, which happened to coincide with one of my a club meeting days, I knew I'd have the day to myself, plus a brief window of opportunity of about two hours to go and have a look.

So with an early start I arrived as the gates opened to the public and armed with my trustee Nikon set about capturing some of the interesting items on site, as well as some of the historic vehicles that also attended the day. Entry for the day was free - with a donation being optional - and for anyone interested in all things mechanical it is definitely a place of interest and an event worth attending.